Online Credential Display Process
Effective September 1, 2008, regardless of the date an application may have been received, the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (Commission) will only provide credentials, certificates, and permits through an online view and print process. The Commission will no longer print and mail these documents; as they will be available online to colleges, universities, employers and the document holder within 48 hours of issuance at: https://teachercred.ctc.ca.gov/teachers/PersonalSearchProxy
The Commission will continue to send an automatic email notifying the applicant that a document has been granted and is viewable online (provided the applicant's email address was included on their application).
Effective August 15, 2008, applications for issuance of Duplicate, Replacement or "Ornate" documents are obsolete and will be returned to the sender. To replace the "Ornate" credential, the Commission has added a new feature that allows you to print your own ornate document. To do so, follow these simple instructions:
1. 48 hours after a credential has been issued click on the following link:
2. Enter your SS# and DOB
3. Click on any of your documents listed under "Documents Held"
4. Click on the "Printer Friendly" button at the bottom
5. A box will open up with an icon of a printer. Click the printer icon then click OK
6. After your document has printed click the "X" button to close the box and return.