District Information District Financials Enrollment Information Performance Press Materials Supporting Our Schools 2010 Master Plan: Moving Forward
Departments Business Services Fiscal Services Educational Services Food & Nutrition Services General Counsel Human Resources Maintenance, Operations and Facilities Section 504 Parent Rights Special Education Superintendent Student Services Teaching & Learning Technology Technology/Communications Committee Water Testing
Schools School Performance (SARCS) Summer School 2018
Parent Resources 2016-2017 School Calendar 2017-2018 School Calendar After School Care and Activities Annual Registration Annual Registration FAQ District Parent Involvement Policy Health Information Parent Community Based Organizations Parent Handbook Rain Out Update School Choice/SES School Loop Log In School Menus/Purchase Meals Volunteering Immigration and Refugee Resources Alameda Prepares Emergency Preparedness
Student Resources Homework Help Online Library Catalog School Choice/SES School Loop Login
Employee Resources Aeries.Net (Admin Staff) Aeries.Net (Teachers) Aesop (Absence Management) District E-Mail EADMS EmpCenter Employee Payroll Service Portal Employee Recognition Loan Forgiveness MOF Work Order (School Dude) Payroll Information School Loop Log In SharePoint SmartETools Technology Help Desk
Board of Education Agendas & Minutes Agendas & Minutes Archive Board Policies Advisory and Oversight Committees Documentation Archive

Payroll FAQ

When is Payday?
Paydays are the last working day of the month with the exception of December for Certificated employees, which are paid on the first working day of January.


I'm a substitute, what days does my paycheck cover?
Each paycheck covers the 1st to the last of the month, it is paid on the next payday, which is the end of the following month.


Where do I pick up my paycheck/paystub?
Permanent employee: Checks are delivered to the sites the morning of payday. Pay stubs are NO LONGER delivered. Please log on to https://mypaydocs.harriscomputer.com/espemployee/ to leave you stubs and leave information.

Substitutes: You can pick your check up in the Payroll dept. (2060 Challenger Dr).

Note: During the summer and any other time when the schools are closed on paydays, the checks/paystubs will be held in the Payroll department. You must come to Payroll to pick up your paystub/check


I forgot to pick up my check from my site on payday, where is it now?
Fours days/1 week after payday, any checks not picked up from the sites are sent back to Payroll. Any paychecks not picked up will be mailed on the 25th of the following month to the current address on file.


My doctor is putting me off work for an extended period of time. Do I notify payroll?
You need to turn in a doctor’s off-work certificate to HR.  This form will need to state the duration of your disability. Prior to your return, you will also need to provide a doctor’s release to return to work to HR.


I am resigning from AUSD. Will my accumulated sick leave be paid out to me?
PERS and STRS regulations prohibit any district from paying our sick leave. However, if can be transferred to a new school district, county or city in California. Notify your new employer that you have sick days at AUSD and they will send us a form for transfer. If you are retiring your sick days will be forwarded to PERS or STRS and used to increase your service credit.


I recently changed my name and or moved. How do I change that information with the district?
A form is available on SharePoint that you need to complete and bring in to HR; this will be used to update your information. Human Resources will make a copy of your new Social Security card for any name changes, as it is required by IRS that we issue pay checks to the name that appears on your Social Security card. The changes will appear on your next check.


How often can I change my Federal and or State withholdings?
You can change your withholding (form W-4, federal, from DE4, state) anytime. Forms are available here on the website or in Payroll. Please bring them to Payroll when they are complete